M. AHMED GROUP
Where quality counts
 
 
 

History and Heritage

The founder of M. Ahmed Tea & Lands Co. Ltd., Prof. M. Ahmed Choudhury, a man of vision and enterprise, was a pioneer tea planter in British India. His first acquisition was Chandbagh Tea Estate, a derelict tea plantation belonging to Octavius Steel & Co., which was purchased in 1921. M. Ahmed Tea and Lands Co. Ltd, a fourth generation company, came into being in the year 1955. Ever since, this pioneering Group has witnessed a spectacular growth, both in its plantations as well as workforce. The Group once had the highest yielding plantation in the country in 1982. Today, the Group has come a long way and produces 2.5 million kilograms of quality tea annually in eight plantations. The Group also has stakes in Banking, Telecommunication, Textile, Real Estate, Spices processing and Rubber plantation.
 
Plantations with year of acquisition:
 
  1. Chandbagh Tea Estate, Sylhet, Bangladesh 1921
  2. Nagenganj Tea Estate, Sibsagar, Assam, India 1936 *
  3. Maheshpur Tea Estate, Tripura, India 1940 *
  4. Lallakhal Tea Estate, Sylhet, Bangladesh 1946
  5. Habibnagar Tea Estate, Sylhet, Bangladesh 1950
  6. Phulbari Tea Estate, Sylhet, Bangladesh 1951
  7. Afifanagar Tea Estate, Sylhet, Bangladesh 1960
  8. Khan Tea Estate, Sylhet, Bangladesh 1994
  9. Nurjahan Tea Estate, Sylhet, Bangladesh 2000
  10. Ameenabad Tea Estate, Sylhet, Bangladesh 2000
 
* Nagenganj T. E. & Maheshpur T. E. were sold due to the partition of India.
 

About Us | Products | Quality Control | Photo Album | Contact Us | Webmail Login